The automotive industry is very dynamic and competitive. Constant need for new models, features, enhanced
safety and quality at affordable prices, fuel economy, and environmental responsibility make automotive
manufacturing particularly challenging. Once the challenges of effectively managing logistics and supply
chain, labor, and sustainability initiatives are added to the mix, it is clear that the real-time operations
management is an absolute requirement. The more areas of the value stream working together the better the outcome.
Here's an industry that must stay focused on the reduction of lead time.
TrakSYS is up to the challenge. With its configurable, flexible, and scalable workflow management engine,
TrakSYS readily leverages existing assets and infrastructure for the optimal management and execution of automotive
manufacturing operations. Operations such as inventory management, electronic Kanban, machining, powertrain,
assembly, body shop, and paint can be managed as a pull-through and coordinated process to significantly reduce
productivity losses that are common in the industry.
Specifically, TrakSYS helps automotive manufacturers to:
- Manage workflow and tasks throughout the value stream
- Improve process capabilities through actionable intelligence
- Improve inventory management
- Reduce unscheduled downtime
- Optimize preventative maintenance programs
- Reduce cost associated with material waste, labor, and energy consumption
- Reduce production lead time
- Improve overall assets and operational effectiveness
Learn more about TrakSYS.