No business is immune to the variation of the economy, competition, changes in its traditional markets and the evolving business trends. The publishing industry has been significantly affected by the on-line media where readership and advertising revenues are concerned. Coupled with the escalating cost of newsprint and the needed capital to deliver time-sensitive products on a daily basis, most daily newspaper publishers face a daunting challenge to remain profitable and continually increase shareholder value.
It is now more than ever necessary to understand those factors that decrease productivity and increase cost in a consistent, meaningful and real-time manner. TrakSYS, Parsec's real-time operations management software application, helps newspaper publishers to significantly improve execution and performance of their operations.
Specifically, TrakSYS helps publishers to:
- Manage workflow, tasks, and complex planning and scheduling activities
- Track productivity from the newsroom to the mailroom
- Identify the factors that cause delay, waste and missed deadlines
- Correct workflow blunders
- Reduce downtime and wasted newsprint
- Increase existing asset capacity, reduce production time and labor cost
- Better plan capital (equipment) expenditure
Learn more about TrakSYS.